Today, I want to blog about how to create a beautiful, neutral look that you can wear every single day. In France, the chic, lovely Parisiennes refer to this as Le No Makeup Look. They like to look natural, yet put together–as though they’ve made very little effort. But, as women, we all know that in order to look good, you need to make an effort.
I’ve researched Le No Makeup Look all over the internet and most sites/blogs use really expensive products, such as Dior or Chanel. So, I came up with a great alternative–Avon/Mark products! 🙂
Here are some great Avon/Mark products that can help you achieve this look. Please visit my Avon/Mark Website to place an order, or feel free to message me on here if you have any questions regarding choosing a shade or anything else you have questions about. Enjoy!!! 🙂
1. Wash your face & prep with a daily moisturizer. Try a gentle cleanser such as Avon Elements Pure Gel Cleanser to wash your face & then follow with Avon Elements Moisture Boost Daily Moisture Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Oil-Free.
2. Apply an eye primer to eyelids to prep them for eye makeup (to use later on). Mark Please Hold Eye Primer is what I use.
3. Apply concealer to cover up any dark circles. I used Avon Ideal Flawless Concealer in Fair.
5. Next, cover up any trouble spots or acne bumps with Mark Super Conceal Full Coverage Concealer.
6. Now, set with a translucent powder or one that matches your skin tone. Mark Set Things Right Loose Powder.
7. Fill in brows next. Brows tend to get lighter as we age & make us look older. Fill in lightly, do not make them so dark they are garish. Avon Perfect Eyebrow Kit is a good one to use. Or, if you prefer a pencil, try Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner.
8. Now, it’s time to reach for your eyeshadow brushes & neutral eyeshadows. You can use a neutral palette, such as Mark On the Dot Neutral Eye Color Compact or buy individual shades. (If you go with the latter, I suggest you get an ivory or pale pink all over lid, a taupe for the crease & a dark chocolate brown for lining lash lines.) You will want to use the lightest shade all over your lid. Next, use a medium shade to shadow your crease & if you want, either use this color or a darker one to shadow your upper & lower lash lines.
9. Put on your favorite eyeliner next. I would use either a dark brown shade or a basic black. If you have brown eyes, using a charcoal shade can be very pretty to make them pop a bit more. It’s your preference which one you’d like to use. You want to use light strokes & line both your upper and lower lash lines. Avon Kohl Eye Liner.
11. Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks. Avon Ideal Luminous Blush. Heavenly Pink is the perfect shade of pink to use.
12. Finish your look with a neutral nude or pink lipstick or gloss. Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick is a great one. The colors I suggest are Caramel Comfort (basic nude), Ripe Rose (rose/mauve), Pink Renewal (pale pink), or Creamy Melon (peachy-pink). All of these would be great for an everyday neutral look. If you prefer a gloss, Mark Glow Baby Glow is my favorite. Try Pink Crush (pale pink) or Peek-a-Boo (a barely there nude).
That’s it! 12 easy steps and once you do it a few times, it shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes, depending on how quickly you can apply your makeup. Don’t forget to get a good set of brushes. They will definitely help when blending shadows and concealer/powder. Try Mark Go with the Pro Mini Brush Kit for a good starter or basic brush set. You can add a foundation/concealer brush as you go along, but I’d at least begin with this.
I hope that you enjoyed reading today’s post regarding Le No Makeup Look. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. You can message me through this blog or through my Avon/Mark Website.
Thanks for reading! 🙂