Goal-setting & incorporating a reward system is very motivating. Here are some of mine for 2014!
- Hit the gym at least 3x/week. No excuses unless I’m sick or injured!
- Incorporate active rest days into my schedule. On rest days, don’t just sit around. Take a hike, go on an evening walk with my family, do squats/leg lifts during commercials, etc.
- Try new fitness activities. Pilates, TRX, yoga, etc. Just keep things interesting & constantly change it up to challenge my body.
- Search for more paleo/clean eating recipes to cook for my family. We can all benefit from eating less processed/sugary foods.
- Reach my goal weight by my birthday in July. Book a photo shoot with my photographer husband in a really cute sundress & post on my blog. 🙂
- Buy a pair of goal weight jeans & hang up in my bedroom. (Helllloooooo size 6!!!)
- Hike up to the top of Clingman’s Dome with my family this year. In fact, go hiking more often!
*I’ll add more goals as they come to mind!
*Reward self with something small for every 5 lbs lost
- Makeup from my House of Worship (Sephora)
- New workout clothes & shoes
- Sundresses! Mod Cloth has some really cute ones.
- Haivanas flip-flops
- TanTowel, body scrub (to look good while at the beach!)
- A new swimsuit
- Eclectic jewelry (fun bracelets, necklaces, etc.) Etsy is a good place to go!
- Fitness/Nutrition books
- Cute “Librarian Wear” (clogs–we all wear them at work for some reason! Librarianesque glasses (to look serious while shouting, “Shhhh!” at all of the little whippersnappers, cute blouses, etc.)
- Have dinner at a vegan/vegetarian restaurant with my daughter. (Yay for mother-daughter afternoons of lunch & shopping!)
- Book a facial or a massage
- Get highlights this spring